Mijas - Miniatures Museum
Address: Avda. del Compás, s/n. 29650 Mijas
Opening hours: From Monday to Sunday
- From 1st to 20th of September: From 10:00 to 20:00 h.
- From 21st September to April: From Monday to Friday, from 10:30 to 16:30h. Saturday, Sunday & Bank holiday, from 10:30 to 18:30h
- May and June: From 10:00 to 20:00 h.
- July and August: From 10:00 to 21:00 h.
Adults: 3 €
Retired people: 2 €
Kids from 6 to 14: 1.50 €
Groups: 1.50 € (Consult conditions)
Mijas Caravan, which opened in May 1,972, is one of Mijas´ many attractions and just must be visited. There’s not a tourist that can resist going in after reading the description outside the museum explaining what can be seen inside:
- STUFFED DRESSED FLEAS.
- A BALLET DANCER CARVED OUT OF A TOOTH PICK.
- A NAVAL BATTLE ON THE HEAD OF A PIN.
- LEONARDO DA VINCI´S LAST SUPPER ON A GRAIN OF RICE.
(The museum houses a total of 360 items)
Differents materials have been used to confection the miniatures, but all every-day ones: chalks, soaps, pins, matches, tooth picks, bread crumbs, drawing pins; all materials readily at hand.
Max´s Caravan is the result of a life dedicated to the art of travel all over the world, living with the people who inhabit it, with men and women of other races, with tribes anchored in time. It is definitively an ode to adventure and, of course, an example of human patience from the peoples of the five continents.