Address: La Muralla s/n
Opening hours: Durante todo el día, todos los días.
Telephone: Casa Parroquial – 952 48 50 22
Price: Free entry.

The Immaculate Conception Church began to be built in the second half of the 16th century and was finished in 1631, with three naves and a chapel under which there is a burial crypt. Later they went adding new parts to the church such as another Baroque chapel with its crypt. The church was built adjoining the “Torre de la Vela” tower, which became its bell tower. This tower was built in the mid-sixteenth century as a shelter to the Mijas villagers in case of an attack. In 1992 reform works were carried out and it was then that the 8 apostles paintings were discovered on the columns of the church, these paintings dated back to 1632.