Mijas - Two of the three Coastal Path sections affected by the storms are open to public
Beaches has invested 280,000 euros in the repair of this infrastructure
The Mijas Town Beaches Councillor, José Carlos Martín (Cs), announced, on Wednesday 16th, that the repair work on two of the three sections of the coastal path is completed. They had been badly affected by the storms last year, to the point that they have been closed to traffic for the last few months.
Specifically, the rehabilitated sections are located in the area around Doña Lola, Calahonda and the Hotel Océano Beach which, according to the Councillor, were badly damaged after last November’s storm. “Therefore, they have had to be completely renovated, from the foundations to all the decking and all the wood,” said Martín. The two sections are now open to residents and visitors.
The Councillor also explained that the Mijas Town Hall allocated a budget of approximately 280,000 euros to carry out these works through an emergency contracting process. “It has been a job as of the foundations and piling that have been carried out, and also because of the wood we have used, which comes from Norway and is very resistant to the salinity of the sea,” he said.
Finally, Martín valued that the work has been carried out on time and in the right way, finishing even ahead of schedule. “If the weather does not prevent it, our beaches and our coastal path will be in perfect condition for Easter,” he said. Adding that “it is true that the part of the Ocean Beach Hotel is going a little slower but, in that section, we have created access so that people can pass, thus ensuring the continuity of the path. Even so, the work, at this point, will also be finished next week”.
Source: Mijas Comunicación S.A.